Friday, August 17, 2012

Trainer's Fitness Log

 We'll call this week 8. 

132 lbs.; 4.1% bodyfat.....

So, according to this reading, I added about a pound of muscle and stayed about the same in terms of fat.  I actually weighed myself on the same scale a few hours before, before some activity and when I was better hydrated.  I weighed 5 or 6 lbs. more then. 

These pictures and statistics illustrate an important point

The scale is a fickle thing.  Body composition is hard to track precisely too.  These measurements are good for tracking broad trends but, as you can see, their function is limited.  I could say I gained 1 lb. in 3.5 weeks or I could say I gained 7 lbs....This is why it is always a good idea to take pictures.  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

My gut tells me I'm making progress and I am making performance gains but without photographic verification, the numbers might have gotten me a little bit discouraged.

So I'll chalk that up to a win!  Go me!   

On that note, please enjoy this picture of me looking like a goober.
Can you tell I am not into having my picture taken?  :) 

I have some negative space to fill here so I suppose I'll take the opportunity to wax philosophical for a moment:

I think it's good to consider where we're headed because we all get where we're going bye-and-bye....Whether it's the destination we've chosen or the one somebody (or some random collection of events/circumstances/habits) has chosen for us.
  
Once you've got that whole mess sorted out, it's just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other. :)      



0 comments:

Recent Posts

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail