Monday, July 23, 2012

My Fitness Log - Program Week 5

Hey, everybody.  This is my very first blog post.  The pictures aren't anything to brag about...neither is my physique, I suppose....But that doesn't really matter!  I happen to have decided to accomplish some specific fitness goals and figured somebody might find it helpful for me to document it here.

I know a lot of people have issues keeping weight off and have trouble empathizing with somebody who doesn't.  For some reason, I seem to have the opposite problem.  When I get lazy about my routine, my body kind of starts wasting away.  The typical response I get to this is something to the effect of, "Seems like a good problem to have".  Well, not really.  It gets to the point that even the connective tissue holding my joints together starts being broken down by my body and it literally starts to feel like my body is falling apart.  It's really a weird thing when you think about it.  I'm not exactly sure why this is an issue for me but it does illustrate a point: Everybody benefits from exercise.  I happen to feel my healthiest when I am very lean and muscular.  Other people have different goals, which are achieved a different way, and that's OK.  Consider this a case study.

I am on a mission to increase my lean muscle mass and improve my body composition.  As of today, I am 131 lbs. and 6.2% bodyfat.  At this point, I am up about 4 lbs. 5 weeks into a program, a motivated and properly educated exerciser could reasonably expect to have seen a little more progress than we see here but I very recently got back into the gym after a motorcycle injury.

So what can you expect to see here?  I am officially going to set my next milestone at 151 lbs. and 4% bodyfat with weight taking precedence for now as I am focusing on gaining mass.  I am going to go very light on the cardio and see where that takes me.  When I get at a weight/size that I am happy with, I will hit the cardio hard if I need to in order to lean out....but I've got a long way to go.  I will probably go up to at least 165 lbs. and I might even get as high as 175.



0 comments:

Recent Posts

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail